Turning off Cortana on Windows 10 is actually quite easy, but some people still feel confused when they want to uninstall this one application. For those of you who are still confused, don’t worry because we will review it, so make sure you read this article to the end.
Basically Cortana has many features that are quite useful, but not a few people after trying to use it, then intend to turn off Cortana on Windows 10 because they feel disturbed. Even for some people, after using Cortana, the laptop battery becomes more wasteful.
So here’s how you can try to turn off Cortana on Windows 10:
How to Turn Off Cortana in Windows 10
1. Via Group Policy Editor
The first way to turn off Cortana on Windows 10 is through the Group Policy Editor. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is press the button Windows + Ron the keyboard >> then type gpedit.msc>> then click OK or Enter on the keyboard.
- After entering the Local Group Policy Editor, please click on Computer Configuration>> then double click on Administrative Templates.
- After that, please double click on Windows Components.
- Double click again on Search.
- Then please double click on AllowCortana.
- Next will appear the latest, please select the option Disablethen click OKto turn off Cortana.
Also read: 4 Ways to Overcome Bad Sector Hard Drives Using the Disk Check Tool
2. Via Registry Editor or Regedit
The second way to turn off Cortana in Windows 10 is through the registry editor or regedit. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please press the button Windows + Ron keyboard >> type regedit>> then click OK or Enter on the keyboard.
- After the Local Groupe Policy Editor opens, please go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEthen select SOFTWARE.
- After that, please choosePolicies >> Microsoft >> Windows.
- Then please choose Search. If it doesn’t exist, please create a new one by right-clicking on it Windows >> New >> Key.
- Please make the name Windows Search.
- Then please right click on Windows Searchthat was created earlier, then select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Make the name Allow Cortana.
8. Next, please double click on Allow Cortana then change the value to 0 (zero) then click OK.
Thank you for reading on my Esports