Do you know how to use iPhone AirDrop? For those of you who are using an Apple device for the first time, maybe you still don’t understand about this one feature.
AirDrop is an Apple-owned service to transfer files between devices over short distances wirelessly (without going through the internet/cloud). AirDrop takes advantage of local Bluetooth and WiFi connections, and is first available on Mac OS X Lion and iOS 7.
At the start of the iPhone’s AirDrop launch, Windows and Android didn’t have the same built-in features. On this occasion, we will discuss about how to use iPhone AirDrop. Curious how? Here’s the review.
How to Use iPhone AirDrop
1. iPhone AirDrop Settings
Before you use this one feature, you need to know that there are settings that you need to know. Those settings are who can see your device and send files.
Here’s how to set who can send files via AirDrop:
- The first step you have to do is please open the ‘Control Center’ on your iPhone
- On iPhone 8 or earlier: Swipe from the bottom border of the screen.
- On iPhone X and later: Swipe in from the top-right corner of the screen.
2. The second step is for you to long press the network connection box.
- Will bring up a more complete menu of connection options.
3. After that, please long press the ‘AirDrop’ button.
4. Please select one of the following settings:
- Receiving Off: you will not accept AirDrop requests.
- Contacts Only: Only people in contacts can see your device.
- Everyone: All nearby AirDrop-enabled Apple devices can see your device.
You can also access settings via: Arrangement (Settings) > General (General) > AirDrop. You will find options similar to those from Control Center.
Also read: 4 Ways to Overcome Bad Sector Hard Drives Using the Disk Check Tool
2. How to Send Files Using iPhone AirDrop
Besides being able to make settings on iPhone AirDrop, you can also send files using iPhone AirDrop. For example, pictures, videos, even website link (can be directly opened on browser on Mac). Curious about how to send files with iPhone AirDrop? Here’s the review.
How to transfer files via iPhone AirDrop:
- The first step you have to do is please choose filesthat you will send.
- For pictures and videos, you can go through the Photos application.
- For document files, you can go through the Files application.
- For website link, you can go through browser.
2. Then please press the ‘Share’ button.
3. If the device in question is already connected (paired), then the device will appear in the contact list and you can select it right away.
4. If the device is not connected, then you can press ‘AirDrop’ from the application list.
- Here there will be differences in the appearance of the iPhone Xs or earlier AirDrop device detection and iPhone 11 or later.
Also read: Latest Tips for Sharing Instagram Videos to WhatsApp on Android and iOS
When the device in question is already connected as a pair (paired), then usually the file will be sent and received immediately. Meanwhile, if it is not connected, usually the receiving device will display a notification with a preview of the file. The recipient can choose whether to accept or reject the notification.
Thank you for reading on my Esports