2 Ways to Use the Locked Folder Feature Present in Google Photos
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The Locked Folder feature has been present in the Google Photos application around September 2021. At first this feature was only available for Google Pixel phones. But then Google will bring it generally to other devices.
The Locked Folder feature is where you store photos and videos that are sensitive or you don’t want to be shown to others. Photos that have been saved in this folder will not appear in the gallery, album, or in searches.
You can find this Locked Folder feature at tab ‘Library‘ in section ‘Utilities‘. This folder is secured and can only be opened with a password/pin/fingerprint, similar to lock screen. Thus, only those who have the phone can open and view its contents.
Also read: 4 Ways to Overcome Bad Sector Hard Drives Using the Disk Check Tool
You can’t even find the contents of the folder screenshots. This Locked Folder feature is only available in the Google Photos app on Android 6 and up. The photos and videos contained in it will not be backed up or transferred to another device when you transfer data. Thus, if you delete the Google Photos application, photos and videos will also be deleted in it. In order not to be deleted, you need to first remove the photos and videos that you want to delete.
On this occasion, we will discuss about how to use the locked folder feature. Curious how? Here’s the review.
How to Use Locked Folder
1. Save photos and videos in the Locked Folder feature:
- The first step you have to do is please select the photos and videos in question (please press and hold),
- After that, please press the menu button,
- Next, please press the ‘Move to Locked Folder’ option.
2. Recover photos and videos from Locked Folder feature:
- The first step you have to do is please select the photos and videos that are in the Locked Folder (please press and hold),
- After that, please press the ‘Move’ button.
- Next, please confirm your choice by pressing the ‘Move’ button on the notification.
Also read: 5 Applications to Download Asus Zenfone Themes
Those are some ways to hide and secure photos or videos with the Locked Folder feature in the Google Photos Android application. Pretty easy isn’t it? Good luck yes.
Thank you for reading on my Esports