This red cross laptop battery usually occurs when the laptop battery leaks or drops. This condition can occur due to the use of laptops every day, resulting in reduced battery life.
If it has reached the limit, usually a red cross will appear on the battery indicator. On the battery indicator suddenly there is a cross and shows a notification “consider replacing your battery“Which advises you to immediately replace the laptop battery components.
Due to several reasons, maybe some of you really don’t want to replace the battery. Then how to remove and fix the laptop battery red cross notification “consider replacing your battery“? Here’s the review.
Red Cross Laptop Battery Repair Tips
1. Changing the Battery Icon
Tips for fixing red cross laptop battery and notifications “consider replacing your batteryThe first is to replace the battery icon. Here are the steps:
- You will use an application called BatteryBar which serves to display the status of the battery icon. Please download the software first.
- After that, you can directly install it on your laptop. Then please right click on taskbar, choose toolbar on the menu and click BatteryBar. The software icon will appear on the taskbar to replace the system icon.
- Please just remove the battery icon from the system by right-clicking the clock and date, then select Customize Notifications Icon.
- Next in the section Power, please change the settings so Hide Icon and Notification. Thus the default battery icon marked with a cross will disappear from the taskbar.
Also read: Latest Tips for Sharing Instagram Videos to WhatsApp on Android and iOS
2. Calibrate the Laptop Battery
Tips for fixing red cross laptop battery and notifications “consider replacing your battery“The second is to calibrate the laptop battery. Calibration on a laptop battery is an attempt to normalize the battery again so that its real capacity is read correctly by the system. So that what appears on the battery status is the same as the actual battery condition. Here are the steps to calibrate the laptop battery:
- The first step you have to do is please charge the laptop battery until it is full.
- After that, please turn on the laptop and enter safe mode by pressing and holding the F8 key while booting until the option appears and enter on the menu safe mode.
- If you have entered into safe mode, you can use or leave the laptop until the battery is drained and eventually dies.
- After that, please try to charge it again in the off state until the power is fully charged.
- Then turn on the laptop and see if the red cross on the battery has disappeared or not.
Also read: 5 Applications to Download Asus Zenfone Themes
3. Install Service Pack 1
Tips for fixing red cross laptop battery and notifications “consider replacing your battery“The third is to install service pack 1. Installing service pack 1 is an update from Microsoft for Windows 7 which functions to repair damaged features on the Windows 7 operating system. Here are the steps:
- The first step, please download Service Pack 1.
- After the download process is complete, please install it.
- If the installation process is complete, the laptop will restart.
- Please wait until the boot process is complete. Then please click the battery indicator on the taskbar and remove the check mark on the option “War me if my battery may need replacement“.
- Thus, the red cross will no longer appear on your laptop battery icon.
Thank you for reading on my Esports