Do you know how to delete history recent documents? As we know that recent document is a feature that is used to make it easier for those of you who want to open files in Microsoft Word that have previously been opened using the same device.
Well, on this occasion we will discuss about how to delete history recent documents. Curious about how to history recent documents? Here’s the review.
How to Delete Word History Recent Documents
1. Delete Specific Documents
The first way is history of recent documents, namely by deleting other documents. To find out, please follow these steps:
- The first step you have to do for recent documents history is please open Ms. Word, then register recent documents will appear on the left of your screen.
- Please right click on the document you want to delete, then please select it Clear unpinned Documents.
- Next, please click Yes to confirm the delete command earlier in the next dialog box. Then the previously opened document will be deleted from the list.
- In addition you can also delete a single document record. The trick, please right click on the document you want to delete, then please select Remove List to delete the document.
Also read: 4 Ways to Overcome Bad Sector Hard Drives Using the Disk Check Tool
2. Disable Recent Documents in Word
The second step to delete the history of recent documents is to disable recent documents in word. How to? Here are the steps you should take:
- The first step is the history of recent documents, please open a Word document, then please click Files > Options.
- After you log in to Word Options, please go to the tab advance, then please look for the section Display.
- So that documents that you have opened do not appear in the list again, please set them up Show this number of Recent Documents to number 0, then select OK.
Also read: 5 Applications to Download Asus Zenfone Themes
3. Delete Jump List in Word Taskbar
The third step to delete the history of recent documents is to delete the jump list on the word taskbar. When you place a Word shortcut on the taskbar, you will usually get a “Jump List” list. If you right-click on the Word icon on the Taskbar, a list of documents that you have opened will appear. To fix this you need to do the following steps:
- For those of you Windows 10 users, please click on the menu Start.
- Then please click Show recently opened items in Jump List on Start or the taskbar.
- Please switch the button from On to off. Then you will find a list of your recent documents when you click the Word icon on the taskbar.
Thank you for reading on my Esports