Have you ever experienced a laptop PC that can’t be shutdown? This happens when you can’t use the shutdown button feature on Windows 10 to turn off your device. Before we discuss how to do this, it’s a good idea to first review some of the causes of the laptop pc not being able to shutdown.
One of the causes of the laptop PC not being able to shutdown is due to a process failure by the fast startup feature of Windows 10 which aims to speed up booting on your device. In addition, it could also be due to a damaged Windows operating system caused by a virus or indeed corrupted data corrupt / damaged.
Now, after knowing the cause of the laptop PC not being able to shutdown, then how to solve it? Here’s the review.
How to Overcome PC Laptop Can’t Shutdown
1. Delete the Registry
The way to deal with a laptop pc cannot be shutdown, the first is to delete the registry. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please download and install the CCleaner application on your laptop.
- Then please open the application and go to the registry > click scan.
- After that, please click scan for issue, wait for the process to finish.
- If all the lists have appeared, all you have to do is click fix selected issue.
- Please wait until the process is complete.
Also read: 5 Applications to Download Asus Zenfone Themes
2. Turning off the Fast Startup Feature
The second way to solve the laptop PC can’t be shutdown, the second is to turn off the fast startup feature. Here are the steps to turn off the fast startup feature:
- The first step you have to do is please go to the control panel menu. You can use the windows key on the keyboard then type Control Panel.
- Then after you are in the control panel, please go to the menu Hardware and Sound. Next, please select the menu Power Options.
- If you are already on the menu power options,please choose Choose what the power buttons do which is on the top left.
- If you are already on the menu Choose what the power buttons do,please click on the text Change settings that are currently unavailable, to activate the option in the shutdown settings at the bottom.
- Next, please uncheck On Turn On Fast Startup (Recommended), then click button Save.
- Please try again whether the shutdown button is functioning normally again.
Also read: Latest Tips for Sharing Instagram Videos to WhatsApp on Android and iOS
3. With CMD
The third way to solve a laptop pc cannot be shutdown is to use CMD. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please enter the CMD program or Command Prompt. The trick is to press the button Windows + R after that type CMD then press the Enter key or OK.
- After you have successfully entered in CMD (Command Prompt), then please type the command shutdown.exe -s.
- Next, please press Enter, then there will be a warning that your Windows computer or device will be turned off or shutdown.
Thank you for reading on my Esports