Creating a new folder in windows actually has a lot of uses. By creating a folder, you can group a file or several files to make it easier to find.
This folder has a very important role in storing files, such as documents, pictures, videos, music, and so on. But do you know how to create a new folder in windows? If you don’t know how to create a new folder, you don’t need to worry because on this occasion we will discuss it. Here’s how to create a new folder in windows for os windows 7, 8 and 10:
How to Create a New Folder in Windows
1. Creating Folders Through File Explorer
The first way to create a new folder in windows is through file explorer. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please open it File Explorer on your computer or laptop.
- Then please go to the place where you want to create a new folder. For example in Local Disk (E:).
- If you are already logged in, please press the button New folder to create a new folder.
- Done, now you have successfully created a new folder.
2. Create a Folder within a Folder
The second way to create a new folder in windows is to create a folder within the folder. Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please open it File Explorer.
- Then please find the folder you want to use to save the new folder.
- If so, please right click on the folder and select options New > Folders.
Also read: 5 Applications to Download Asus Zenfone Themes
3. Via Command Prompt (CMD)
The third way to create a new folder in windows is through the Command Prompt (CMD). Here are the steps:
- The first step you have to do is please open the program Command Promptby pressing the button Windows+R on the keyboard.
- Then please type cmd and click OK.
- After the Command Prompt opens successfully, the active drive is (C:). If you want to change drive (C:) to Drive (E:), you just need to type E: then press Enter, it will automatically move to the drive (E:).
- If you want to create a folder in a folder, then you just need to type the command cd folder name.
- After that, to create a new folder, please command md or mkdir.
- You can also create multiple folders at once by using the command md. For example, if you want to create 2 new folders with the name Ina and Lina. Then you just need to use the command MD Ina Lina then click
- However, if you want to create a new folder using 2 or more syllables with spaces, then you can use the command md “folder name”. For example, you want to create a new folder with the name Iqbal, then you must type the command MD “Iqbal”. To make sure that the folder you created via Command Prompt has been successful, then you can check it through File Explorer.
Also read: Latest Tips for Sharing Instagram Videos to WhatsApp on Android and iOS
4. Create a Folder on the Desktop
The fourth way is to create a folder on the desktop. The first step you have to do is please go to the Desktop screen of your laptop or computer. Then right click in an empty area on your Desktop and select options New > Folder.
Thank you for reading on my Esports