ONLYOFFICE desktop editors is an open supply workplace suite out there for Linux, Home windows, and macOS customers. Freely distributed in accordance with the phrases of AGPLv3, it combines three editors with textual content paperwork, spreadsheets, and shows which can be natively suitable with Microsoft Workplace codecs (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX).
[ You might also like: 13 Most Used Microsoft Office Alternatives for Linux ]
With this software you’ll be able to:
- Open and edit Phrase, Excel, and PowerPoint information with out compatibility points.
- Use different well-liked codecs equivalent to DOC, ODT, RTF, TXT, PDF, HTML, EPUB, XPS, DjVu, XLS, ODS, CSV, PPT and ODP
- Use a variety of enhancing and formatting options – paragraph spacing, footers, titles, margins, and so on.
- Add and edit complicated objects equivalent to charts, automated shapes, and textual content artwork.
- Use third-party plug-ins – YouTube, Photograph Editor, Translator, Thesaurus.
- Digitally signal paperwork.
- Password shield your information.
- Collaborate in actual time by connecting a desktop software to the cloud platform – ONLYOFFICE, Nextcloud, ownCloud or Seafile.
New options in ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors v.6.3
The newest model of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors, v.6.3, comes with numerous new options and enhancements:
- A darkish topic.
- 150% consumer interface scaling.
- Up to date Scan – Monitor Adjustments characteristic could be enabled for the consumer or anybody who opens the file.
- New chart kind – line, scatter and mixture charts.
- Open and save XML information to HTML, EPUB, and FB2 information.
- XLOOKUP operate for tables.
- Grouping / grouping knowledge into pivot tables.
- New cell kinds (mm / dd, mm / dd / yyyy and mm / dd / yy) and way more.
Necessities for ONLYOFFICE desktop editors
- CPU: 2-core 2 GHz or higher
- RAM: not less than 2 GB
- HDD: 2 GB min.
- Working system: 64-bit
- Core: 3.8 or later
Set up ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from the archive
The most effective set up possibility ONLYOFFICE desktop distributors should add the archive to the Linux working system.
Set up ONLYOFFICE desktop editors on Ubuntu and derivatives
$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys CB2DE8E5 $ echo "deb https://obtain.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian squeeze important" >> /and so on/apt/sources.listing $ sudo apt-get replace $ sudo apt-get set up onlyoffice-desktopeditors $ desktopeditors
Set up ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors on Purple Hat and derivatives
$ sudo yum set up https://obtain.onlyoffice.com/repo/centos/important/noarch/onlyoffice-repo.noarch.rpm $ sudo yum set up epel-release $ sudo yum set up onlyoffice-desktopeditors -y $ desktopeditors
Set up ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors through Snap
In the event you desire Ubuntu or its official flavors, the simplest technique to set up ONLYOFFICE desktop editors might use an categorical bundle.
Run the next command to get the applying put in:
$ snap set up onlyoffice-desktopeditors
As soon as the set up is over, you can begin ONLYOFFICE desktop editors utilizing this terminal command:
$ snap run onlyoffice-desktopeditors
You may also set up the applying from the official market – Snap Store. discovery ONLYOFFICE desktop editors and click on the corresponding button.
Set up ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors through Flatpack
One other technique to set up ONLYOFFICE desktop editors is thru Flatpak. This software program set up platform lets you set up desktop purposes on 28 Linux distributions, together with Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint, Infinite OS, Debian, CentOS, and so on.
Get ONLYOFFICE desktop editors misery by typing the next command:
$ flatpak set up flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Now the applying is prepared. Begin it with this command:
$ flatpak run org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Alternatively, you’ll be able to go on to Flathub, seek for ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors and click on on Set up button.
Launch the pre-installed ONLYOFFICE Desktop software
When the set up is full, you’ll be able to run the enhancing applications with the command of the terminal:
So far-off, ONLYOFFICE desktop editors has been included as a default workplace suite in a number of Linux distributions:
- Escuelas Linux, Bodhi A distro based mostly on Linux and designed for instructional functions.
- Hyperlinks, instructional distro from Catalonia, Span.
- Linspire, a Linux-based enterprise, schooling and authorities supplier.
- Windowsfx, an Ubuntu-based distribution from Brazil that appears like Home windows 10.
- SparkyLinux, a Debian-based Linux distribution from Poland.
In case you are utilizing certainly one of these working programs, you don’t want to put in something. ONLYOFFICE desktop editors is out there by default and all you need to do is click on on the corresponding icon.
In the event you recognize what we do right here at TecMint, it’s worthwhile to take into account:
TecMint is the quickest rising and most trusted neighborhood website for all types of Linux articles, guides, and books on-line. Hundreds of thousands of individuals go to TecMint! Search or browse 1000’s of revealed articles which can be accessible to everybody.