Teamviewer is cross-platform, powerful and secure remote access and control software that can connect to multiple devices simultaneously. It is an all-in-one solution for remote support that can be used for desktop sharing, online meetings, and file transfer between connected devices over the Internet.
It runs on major operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Chrome OS and mobile operating systems such as iOS, Android, Windows Universal Platform and BlackBerry.
Recently the latest stable version TeamViewer 15 was released with new features and many improvements.
Here are some new features that will be added TeamViewer 15 highlighted below:
- It is cross-platform, it can connect from computer to computer, from mobile phone to computer, from computer to mobile and even from mobile phone to mobile phone connections in the main operating systems mentioned above.
- Highly compatible with a variety of platforms from modern to relatively old operating systems.
- Does not require configurations.
- Easy to install and understand.
- Available in over 30 international languages.
- Provides high performance with smart connectivity and routing, efficient bandwidth usage, fast data transfer and much more to ensure a reliable user experience.
- Provides high security with the latest technology.
- It is free for testing purposes and personal use.
- No installation is required, users can now use TeamViewer without having to install it.
- Supports custom QuickSupport, QuickJoin, and Host modules named with the user’s company ID in custom configurations.
- Allows permanent access to unattended devices with the support of the TeamViewer Host module.
- Supports integration with user applications via API.
- Also supports integration with mobile applications on iOS / Android.
How to install Teamviewer 15 on RedHat, CentOS, Fedora
You can download the package for rpm-based Linux distributions at Teamviewer download page, or you can download and install it with the following wget command as shown.
------------- On 64-bit Systems ------------- # wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer.x86_64.rpm # yum install teamviewer.x86_64.rpm ------------- On 32-bit Systems ------------- # wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer.i686.rpm # yum install teamviewer.i686.rpm
If you get a missing public key error, you can download the public key and import it using the following command.
# wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/signature/TeamViewer2017.asc # rpm --import TeamViewer2017.asc
Once you have imported the public key, runyum install”-Command to install Teamviewer rpm.
# yum install teamviewer.x86_64.rpm
Start the Teamviewer application by executing the following command from the terminal.
Teamviewer application running on my CentOS 7 system.
How to install Teamviewer 15 on Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint
You can download the package at .deb-based Linux distributions Teamviewer download page, or you can download and install it with the following wget command as shown.
------------- On 64-bit Systems ------------- $ wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer_amd64.deb $ sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_amd64.deb ------------- On 32-bit Systems ------------- $ wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer_i386.deb $ sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb
If you get a missing dependency error, install these dependencies with the following command.
$ sudo apt-get install -f
When the installation is complete, you can launch Teamviewer from the terminal or switch to Ubuntu Dash Home and type group viewers and click the icon to run the application.
Start Linux Mint, Mene Menu >> Internet >> Teamviewer and click Accept the license agreement to run the application.