Samsung’s own brand Internet browser is preinstalled on all Android devices. If you’ve never opened it (or only did it once and then switched to Chrome), the company hopes you will check it out with some new improvements. Version 14.0 is currently in beta testing and is available for download from the Galaxy Store, Play Store and on APK Mirror…
Based on update text from Samsung Press Site, the new version has the following changes:
- Now based on Chromium 87
- “Improved Intelligent Tracking Protection” that automatically clears cookies at regular intervals.
- New privacy dashboard showing how many pop-ups and cookies have been blocked.
- Galaxy Fold and Flip: Auto start Flex mode when video goes full screen (previously required Video Assistant)
- App Pair can launch two or three Samsung Internet split screen windows at the same time.
- System font applied to web pages
- Galaxy Tab S7: Handwriting Recognition in Text Fields and Address Bar
- Reading view improvements
- The browser translation extension now supports 18 languages
Samsung says the update will roll out to a general release sometime in April. And if you didn’t know: the app is compatible with most Android devices, not just Samsung phones and tablets. Naturally, device-specific features will not be available everywhere.