Samsung is set to kick off early with March security updates for its phones
This story was originally published and last update …
Samsung started updating some of its international devices to the March security patch last week, and the distribution is now rolling out to unlocked devices in the US. In addition to security improvements, the update includes One UI 3.1 bringing with it a host of new features from the Galaxy S21 series to older phones.
One UI 3.1 was released last month for mobile S20 models, so it’s nice to see it coming to the unlocked Galaxy S20 as well. This is a big update for S20 users, including Wireless DeX, Google Home integration in the Devices tab, and more. Sadly, some features will remain exclusive to the S21, including the long-requested integration with Google Feed on the home screen.
As the March rollout is in full swing, we should see the latest security patch roll out to other devices soon, and we will keep this page up to date.
Galaxy S20 series
- Galaxy S20: G981U1UEU1DUB7, released March 1st.
- Galaxy S20 +: Build Number Not Available, Released March 1st
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: Build Number Not Available, Released March 1st
Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy S21: RP1A.200720.012.G991USQU1AUB3, released March 4th.
- Galaxy S21 +: RP1A.200720.012.G996USQ1AUB3, released March 4th.
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: RP1A.200720.012.G998USQU1AUB3, released March 4th.
Galaxy S21 users on Verizon are now getting the March update and this article has been updated with relevant information.