Samsung really owns it when it comes to playing with the Android security patch. Continuing this impressive track record, Samsung is already rolling out the March 2021 update for multiple devices, even though we’re still in February. In addition to keeping our devices secure, we’re also seeing some new features emerge as the Galaxy Tab S7 takes advantage of some new iPad-inspired capabilities.
These tablets are undergoing a lot of changes. DeX gets some improvements here with improved stability and Dolby support. Samsung Daily has been replaced by Samsung Free, although it’s still terrible, so don’t worry.
Another new feature is something called S Pen to text. From the description, it is similar to Scribble in iPad OS 14. It allows you to manually write text directly into a text field without opening the keyboard.
Reports so far point to an update for users in Germany. The complete changelog for the Tab S7 + is as follows:
- Supports “S Pen to text” function.
- You can now directly enter text into the input field using the S Pen handwriting input.
- Dolby is supported in Dex mode.
- DeX mode stability has been improved.
- Improved stability of the fingerprint sensor.
- Samsung Free
- Samsung Daily has been changed to Samsung’s Free Service to provide an improved interface and differentiated features in line with content characteristics.
- The security of your device has been improved.
Other Samsung devices have also received the new patch and we will update this article as we continue to distribute.
Galaxy Tab S7
- S7 tab: T875XXU1BUBB, released on February 26th.
- S7 + tab: T976BXXU1BUBB, released on February 25th.
Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy S21: G99x0ZHU1AUB7, released on February 25
- Galaxy S21 +: Build Number Not Available, Released Feb 25
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: Build Number Not Available, Released Feb 25
Galaxy A8 (2018)
- Galaxy A8: A530FXXSICUC1, released on February 26th.