Aeroplan is one of the most popular loyalty programs in Canada, allowing members to earn and redeem points for a variety of travel rewards. While it is often associated with Air Canada, many people may not realize that you can still earn and use Aeroplan points even if you don’t fly with the airline. In this article, we will explore how you can maximize your Aeroplan points, even without flying Air Canada.
Earning Aeroplan Points:
1. Credit Cards: One of the easiest ways to earn Aeroplan points without flying is through Aeroplan-affiliated credit cards. Several major banks offer credit cards that reward you with Aeroplan points for every dollar spent. Look for cards with sign-up bonuses and accelerated earning rates to quickly accumulate points.
2. Online Shopping: Aeroplan has partnered with various online retailers, allowing members to earn points for their purchases. By accessing the Aeroplan eStore and making online purchases from participating brands, you can earn additional points. This is an excellent way to earn points on everyday purchases like clothes, electronics, or household items.
3. Car Rentals, Hotels, and Travel Partners: Aeroplan has a network of partners, including car rental companies, hotels, and other travel-related services. By booking through these partners, you can earn additional points for your travel expenses, even if you don’t fly Air Canada.
Using Aeroplan Points:
1. Flight Redemption: One of the primary reasons people join Aeroplan is to redeem points for flights. While Air Canada is the program’s major airline partner, you can also use your Aeroplan points to book flights with other partner airlines such as United Airlines, Lufthansa, and Singapore Airlines. Check the Aeroplan website for a list of partner airlines and destinations to see where you can fly using your points.
2. Merchandise and Gift Cards: If you have accumulated a substantial number of Aeroplan points, you can use them to redeem merchandise and gift cards. The Aeroplan eStore offers a variety of options, including electronics, home goods, fashion accessories, and more. You can also redeem points for gift cards from popular retailers, allowing you even more flexibility in how you use your rewards.
3. Hotel Stays and Car Rentals: Aeroplan also partners with hotels and car rental companies, allowing members to redeem points for stays and rentals. If you’re planning a trip and prefer to stay in hotels or rent a car, this can be a great way to maximize the value of your Aeroplan points.
4. Experiences and Activities: Another exciting option for using your Aeroplan points is to redeem them for unique experiences and activities. From concerts and sports events to culinary classes and tours, Aeroplan offers a range of options to enhance your travel experiences.
Maximizing Your Aeroplan Points:
To maximize your Aeroplan points, consider these tips:
– Take advantage of credit card sign-up bonuses to boost your points balance.
– Look for promotions and offers from Aeroplan and its partners to earn bonus points.
– Focus your spending on your Aeroplan-affiliated credit card to accumulate points faster.
– Plan your travel and expenses through Aeroplan partners to earn additional points.
– Be mindful of point expiry dates and use your points before they expire.
In conclusion, you don’t have to fly with Air Canada to earn and use Aeroplan points. By utilizing credit cards, shopping online, booking travel through partners, and exploring various redemption options, you can make the most of your Aeroplan membership. Whether you prefer flights, merchandise, or unique experiences, Aeroplan offers a range of rewards to suit your travel goals and preferences. So start earning and redeeming your Aeroplan points today, and make the most out of your loyalty program membership.